Saturday, September 22, 2007

An introduction to my adventures

Its blog time! I've been inspired by some of the greatest bloggers in our nation, and I feel its my duty to follow in their footsteps...so, here goes nothing.

My stories will mostly be about my travels but if something exciting happens or if I am just bored, then I will drop everyone a line.

Back in 2000, I was hit with the travel bug. The adventures that I have experienced are priceless and I treasure every one of them.

This first post will be how I became to love traveling.

My two best friends, Valorie and Chadd used to come over every Tuesday night and we would watch "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". We did this for about 3 years. One night we saw a commercial on TV for a cruise. Val screamed, as she usually does, that we should go on one. That is all it took. A few weeks later, we were booked on the the Carnival ship "Fantasy".
The cruise was wonderful and I was hooked! But three days was not going to do it for us.

In 2001, we went to Los Angeles and Las Vegas for a week.

In 2002, we went to New York for a week. It was very sad to see the devastation of the 9/11 attacks. Walking by the fire department that lost the majority of their lives made me think of my own fireman hero, my dad. I'm very thankful our military is overseas fighting the battle, rather then it being on our own homeland. We went to a few Broadway shows and also got to be an audience member at the David Letterman show. Robin Williams was the guest that night.

2003 saw us back on a cruise for another week. We had stops in Mexico where we took a Mayan ruins expedition which was really neat! We had a stop in the Grand Cayman Islands but due to bad weather we couldn't stop. The last stop was New Orleans and I got to see New Orleans before it was destroyed in the floods of 2006.

Well, that's it for now. I will get into more detail of my trips when i start telling my overseas adventures...and I will post some pictures too.

I hope you guys are still awake...until next time...may all of your travel dreams come true!

No comments: